Thursday, December 17, 2015

The SibLim Club

The day I launched my sailing dory, Mistral, my soon to be good friend, Rick Johnson showed up with a copy of Annie Hill's Voyaging on a Small Income. Hard to believe that in twenty years of creating and building a cruising dory, I'd never heard of Annie or her travels on Badger.



In an attempt to make amends, I currently follow Annie's life in New Zealand aboard her junk-rigged Fantail. What I really love about Annie is her sense of community. She has just begun building a new boat for herself, the first in all her years of sailing that will be built strictly to her own specifications. I will be following this build with avid interest and thought you might wish to do the same. I'm sure Annie would approve of a few more members of the SibLim Club.


Thank you, Annie for taking us on yet another voyage ethereal.


2 comments:

Alden Smith said...

Annie is building this about 10 minutes drive from my place here in Whangarei - your post is a timely reminder to go and check on the progress.

Bursledon Blogger said...

Annie's book was one of our reference books when we went cruising - full of practical wisdom